(Push start) no start problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 01:42 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Push start) no start problem

Hello everyone, about 2 months ago my battery started to slowly die (was about 3yrs old) but the car would still turn on, so I bought a new one from autozone platinum agm battery. I came home to install it and after I hooked it up the car didn’t want to start and my cluster lights went dim and the yellow key light came on with the slow blinking alarm light after. I reset the alarm by holding the panic button for a couple of seconds then I went to start the car and seemed to prepare to start cause I could hear the fuel pump prime up, unfortunately it did nothing other than clicks from the starter relay. I decided to change the starter relay cut#1 and #2 and the starter it self. No luck at all, so I looked at the battery cables (negative & positive) and looked a bit corroded from the terminals, the positive wire looked all green/white from the inside so I replaced those (negative & positive) with oem parts but still car won’t start up or crank just clicking sounds when I push the start/stop button. I’m lost of what it could be only thing I could think it could be is a relay of some sort.

Any help of any sort would be highly appreciated.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:02 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Mmtz22
Hello everyone, about 2 months ago my battery started to slowly die (was about 3yrs old) but the car would still turn on, so I bought a new one from autozone platinum agm battery. I came home to install it and after I hooked it up the car didn’t want to start and my cluster lights went dim and the yellow key light came on with the slow blinking alarm light after. I reset the alarm by holding the panic button for a couple of seconds then I went to start the car and seemed to prepare to start cause I could hear the fuel pump prime up, unfortunately it did nothing other than clicks from the starter relay. I decided to change the starter relay cut#1 and #2 and the starter it self. No luck at all, so I looked at the battery cables (negative & positive) and looked a bit corroded from the terminals, the positive wire looked all green/white from the inside so I replaced those (negative & positive) with oem parts but still car won’t start up or crank just clicking sounds when I push the start/stop button. I’m lost of what it could be only thing I could think it could be is a relay of some sort.

Any help of any sort would be highly appreciated.

if you still have your old battery I would put that back in & see if the car starts if it does you know they sold you a bad battery
Old 04-05-2024, 12:01 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankyy
if you still have your old battery I would put that back in & see if the car starts if it does you know they sold you a bad battery
unfortunately they took it as a trade in core
Old 04-18-2024, 05:48 AM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Does it start via jumper cables or jumper pack?