AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-159/)
-   -   HomeLink Programming Issues (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-159/homelink-programming-issues-681718/)

kritter 08-06-2007 04:20 PM

HomeLink Programming Issues

Just moved into a new home with a Chamberlain 1/3horse LiftMaster garage door opener (rolling codes). I've tried several times (following the directions in the Acura manual) to get the HomeLink programmed but no luck yet. Anyone have any insight here please? Thanks!

Levy 08-06-2007 07:37 PM

Try it this way:

1) Hold down the button on the garage remote AND the button on the car (pos #1) AT THE SAME TIME.

2) Stop when the red light in the car's ceiling starts blinking fast. You're done.

3) Now park the car close to the gate. Very close.

4) Find the "learning button". It's supposed to be on the motor's surface.

5) Press the learning button and run to the car.

6) Hold down the same button inside the car (pos #1) until it starts blinking fast.

That works for most of the scenarios. Let us know if it works, ok?

kritter 08-08-2007 09:20 AM

Worked like a champ - thanks!

Artie Ecks 08-09-2007 05:25 PM

Levy- I just wanted to say thanks, I was having the same problem and this fixed it. I love these boards!

brizey 08-10-2007 08:00 AM

The instructions in the manual sucked. There are really two sets of instructions, and only one works.

mau108 09-01-2007 10:07 PM

instructions in the manual are way too confusing, if this then this if this then this and it keeps referring to each step ahh....

I gotta try this out tomorrow.

catnippants 09-02-2007 12:16 PM

I have a Liftmaster setup as well, and I found that you need to use the Acura directions to program homelink to act as your remote, then use the Liftmaster instructions to authorize it for your opener. So it's really a two step process...

Mike

lawandorder360 02-04-2008 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by catnippants
I have a Liftmaster setup as well, and I found that you need to use the Acura directions to program homelink to act as your remote, then use the Liftmaster instructions to authorize it for your opener. So it's really a two step process...

Mike

Reviving this thread...just programmed the homelink in the RDX for a Liftmaster garage door opener, and it works fine.

HOWEVER, The other freestanding remote opener and the keypad no longer work! The code that was programmed to open the door (4 numbers) is now gone.

Do I simply need to add the keypad and the remote again to the memory of the unit? How would I need to do it?

Anyone??

bobq 02-05-2008 12:30 PM

Yes, you need to add the keypad and the other remote back.

You probably removed all remotes when you started the programming for the RDX by holding the learning button in too long.

I have a Liftmaster, keypad and several remotes and all work fine with the homelink in the RDX in the mix.

sasair 02-06-2008 09:01 PM

Most garage door openers have a limit of how many openers can be programmed into it and it usually isn't very big number. like 4 or 6. If you reach that limit and add a new opener, then it will forget the oldest openers, which will likely be the keypad and free standing remote since they probably came with the opener.

bbryson 09-08-2010 10:17 AM

Worked for me

Thanks Levy for the info. I have a 2003 MDX and a Liftmaster and your procedure is far clearer than what is in the user manual. I wouldn't have figured this out without your help.

MPBRDX 11-14-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Levy (Post 9892420)
Try it this way:

1) Hold down the button on the garage remote AND the button on the car (pos #1) AT THE SAME TIME.

2) Stop when the red light in the car's ceiling starts blinking fast. You're done.

6) Hold down the same button inside the car (pos #1) until it starts blinking fast.

Hey that worked...sweet!

Thanks for your help.

hyuga 12-19-2010 01:51 PM

This worked great on a 2007 Acura TL and a Chamberlain 3/4 HP opener! Thank you very much, Levy, for posting such clear instructions!

mrgold35 12-19-2010 04:45 PM

Is there a way to disable the homelink in the car when the key is out? Someone can open your garage door if your car is parked outside.

This seems like a security flaw with homelink having it active all the time.

YYC_BoxsterGuy 12-20-2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Levy (Post 9892420)
Try it this way:

Perfect! I was having trouble getting my Linear opener programmed, but following these instructions worked first time.

I could have been: a) not holding the remote close enough to the HomeLink buttons (at first, it was on the visor, but then I held it right next to the HomeLink...like 1/4 inch), and b) not transitioning from the 1st set of instructions to the 2nd set fast enough (I would meander around the garage, looking for something to stand on to reach the Learn button.)

bigbrainz 02-12-2011 10:26 PM

Holding the remote SUPER close was the tip I needed. I also had it on the visor, like 6" away and it didn't work, but right up next to it did the trick--thanks!:thumbsup:

remarkco 02-22-2011 07:05 PM

Levi, we recently purchased a 2008 w\ the tech package. We were having trouble programing the home link to our Genie garage opener. I found your instructions and they worked like a charm. Many THANKS!!!

PARZ RDX 03-20-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by YYC_BoxsterGuy (Post 12574358)
Perfect! I was having trouble getting my Linear opener programmed, but following these instructions worked first time.

I could have been: a) not holding the remote close enough to the HomeLink buttons (at first, it was on the visor, but then I held it right next to the HomeLink...like 1/4 inch), and b) not transitioning from the 1st set of instructions to the 2nd set fast enough (I would meander around the garage, looking for something to stand on to reach the Learn button.)

That worked for me, I wasn't holding the remote close enough either. Big thanks...

rjpros 08-28-2011 04:07 PM

Worked great for door 1 but i can't get the same procedure to work for door 2 with button 2

durhamjm 02-13-2012 11:14 AM

Programming HomeLink -Second Garage Door

Hi - the suggestion by Levy was exactly what I needed. I have both a RDX and a Honda Accord and both programmed just fine. Now, how do we do that if I have two garage doors? I tried the same technique using position #2 without any luck. Thoughts?

didr 04-01-2012 04:53 PM

only half-way there

Okay, so I followed the excellent instructions for programming the new Liftmaster opener, and all seemed well. The Homelink accepted the code and the garage door dutifully closed. But, I can get the door to close, but the Homelink does not cause the door to open. I have other (handheld) remotes that work just fine, so it must be something about Homelink that isn't programmed correctly. Any ideas?

alfa75uk 04-01-2012 10:30 PM

Can you open the door using homelink with the car inside your garage or are you only trying it from outside? The reason I ask is that I had a strange issue where I could open & close the door with the car inside the garage and close it from the outside but not open from outside. Took me months to figure out what was going on. If it's not opening at all with the car inside the garage it's not the same issue I had.

chinkwapin 06-23-2012 09:25 PM

old thread but damn that made things easy! thanks

Vividsi 08-17-2012 01:54 PM

I have a lift master and just programmed mine a few days ago, works like a champ.

andygirl 06-11-2013 09:22 AM

I can't get mine to program. When I hold the remote button down and the HL button at the same time, all it does is open the garage door. :(

outwism 07-30-2013 07:17 PM

Man, i tried everything except the 2 step process. I have a 2013 rdx. Works now! Thanks for forums and original poster!!!

wspy 07-31-2013 08:11 AM

Too bad it dosent work for gate openers :(

Akshay Thakor 08-13-2013 03:28 AM

THIS WAS OMEGA HELPFULL!!!
yet somehow i managed to program it differently on the 08 MDX

GENOBANDITO 08-27-2013 05:28 PM

2013 rdx followed steps programs homelink kills garage door remotes

x2lacrosse 09-01-2013 08:47 AM

Just bought a new house w/ a Liftmaster 8355 w/ MyQ technology; can't get either of our homelinks to program and have recently found a few reviews that state an external adapter is needed to make them work w/ this model opener. Unless someone has found otherwise, just posting this as an FYI.

Zippercat 11-16-2013 04:53 AM

This is probably what you need. New homelink tech is not compatible with most cars....

In case that link does not work, just search "liftmaster repeater" at Amazon.

x2lacrosse 11-17-2013 10:43 AM

@ Zippercat.

If you were replying to my post, I was already aware of the incompatibility issues. I was more posting as an FYI.

I contacted Liftmaster; they gave me phone and ticket #'s to contact Homelink. Who then sent me a repeater free of charge for the product itself, I just had to pay $7 in shipping. Since repeater install, both cars programmed easily and working flawlessly.

JKW1 07-17-2014 02:03 PM

Homelink programming Liftmaster

Originally Posted by MPBRDX (Post 12489491)
Hey that worked...sweet!

Thanks for your help.

These instructions worked for my 2012 Acura RDX. Thank you!

Antonio6482 09-11-2014 02:39 AM

No go.

After many failed attempts here I am. I have a Chamberlain Liftmaster model 1245R 1/3HP. I'm failing at syncing my 2005 TL. All codes have been erased, followed both manuals to the tee, Levy's suggestions sounds extremely logical; Unfortunately I have stupid bad luck. So following Levy's instructions I have identified a difference in events at step 6. When rolling learn button is pushed on motor, and I lower myself into vehicle. I hit the position one button (one dot) the light starts blinking fast automatically instead of the slow two seconds. Tried programing from outside, inside, directly under motor. No clue what to do now. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Antonio6482 09-15-2014 08:29 PM

Replying to myself

Basically this is how it got solved:
1. Called liftmaster and gave them car and garage door model info.
2. Car parked 3-5 ft outside opened garage door. Had me reset homelink codes (I did not perform it correctly, however this was not the issue) by holding dot 1 and dot 3 for 20 seconds.
3. Using my one button garage remote door opener, I simultaneously pushed remote (literally centimeters from the orange homelink button) and homelink dot 1 button and waited for quick constant flashing from homelink orange indicator.
4. Still having car parked outside garage, I had to set up a ladder in order to push my garage door units "code sync" button. Kinda reminds me of WPS button on router. Then I pushed said button and hurried back to my vic and pushed homelink button for a couple of seconds (till flashing is constant). This did not work the first time, it only closed the door.
5. Attempted same procedure as step 4 and finally that dam code stuck (remember to hold homelink button till it stops flashing).

In my situation, I need to HOLD the homelink button (just under a second) in order for garage door to operate. Pushing doesn't do anything. Not what I expected but at least my range is vastly increased. Hope this helps.

Semper Fidelis

gatrhumpy 09-29-2014 11:26 AM

I just bought a new Chamberlain garage door opener. I'm having the same problems where I cannot use the Homelink that came with my 2008 TL-S. I have tried programming the HL remote using the Acura instructions about 15 times, and each time it does not work. After I press the learn button on the garage motor unit, I hurry back to the car and press the first HL button. I press and hold the button, and nothing happens. It blinks very fast at first and then it goes solid.

I'll try the OP's directions to see if that works tonight.

Fuck this adapter shit. I'm not paying extra for that crap. It should come with it automatically.

STC 07-15-2016 04:06 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just got a Liftmaster 8355. It will not work w/ my 07 TL-S.
I read that I may need an adaptor now? WTF?

Hogan9166 02-13-2017 02:09 PM

Old thread, but solved a problem I was having getting my 09 TL SHAWD programmed with an Overhead Door opener. Worked like a charm.

STC 02-13-2017 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Hogan9166 (Post 15958204)
Old thread, but solved a problem I was having getting my 09 TL SHAWD programmed with an Overhead Door opener. Worked like a charm.

So.......care to elaborate?

Slpr04UA6 10-11-2020 01:50 PM

How does this work for some and not for others. I just purchased a brand new chamberlain myQ opener, and have tried every way from Sunday to program it, no luck. I do know they sell the bridge/repeater, but don’t want to buy something else to make it work. Am I Fucked? I’ve read of people trying numerous times, and then getting it to work. I’ve done the same. After 30+mins it gets old.